|Nasoni Family Website||
Nasoni Web Links
Nona's Perugian Ravioli (Umbrian Style)
3/4 lb Ground Beef
1/2 lb Ground Pork
1/4 lb Ground Veal
1/3 cup of Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup imported Romano Cheese
3 tsp grated Lemon (or orange) Rind
1 Clove of Garlic
2 Packets of Frozen Spinach
1. Saute the garlic in olive oil, then add the meat and cook slowly. Set aside.
2. Separately cook spinach according to directions.
3. Drain spinach well and squeeze out remaining liquid
4. Mix spinach and meat in a bowl
5. Add beaten eggs.
6. Add cheese
7. Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
8. Add 2 or 3 tsp grated Lemon Rind
9. Mix, and let stand covered overnight in the refrigerator
Note if the consistency appears too dry add more eggs and olive oil, if too moist add more breadcrumbs
3 1/2 cups of flour
3 Eggs (beaten)
1 tsp oil
2 tsp water
Mix flour, eggs, water and oil in an electric mixer fitted with dough hooks
Add additional water/oil as needed
To make the ravioli, use a pasta machine to roll out the dough. An easy way to fill the pasta is to use Dick's secret weapon - an icing bag.
Fill an icing bag with the meat filling and squeeze out the required amount for each piece of ravioli.